We are seeking to hire a Director of Medicinal Chemistry. This leadership position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to create clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate that into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The successful candidate should be a highly innovative and creative scientific leader who can develop novel small molecules designed to selectively eliminate senescent cells in diseases associated with aging.
- Ph.D. in organic / medicinal chemistry is essential
- 8-12 years of medicinal chemistry experience in the pharmaceutical industry with a proven track record in developing and advancing compounds to development candidate selection
- Comprehensive medicinal chemistry knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas, including oncology
- Extensive experience in synthetic methodologies, computational modeling, and structure-based drug design, physicochemical properties
- Background in collaborating with colleagues on ADME/PK, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology, preclinical toxicology
- Experience in developing small molecules as prodrugs, soft drugs, and for different routes of administration
- Record of success in leading collaborations with external research organizations, including academic institutions, contract research organizations, and other pharmaceutical companies
- Strong scientific reputation, as evidenced by publications, patents, and invited presentations
- Experience with effectively leading functional and/or project teams in a small to mid-size biotechnology company
- Experience in strategic planning, project leadership, laboratory and budget management
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment
- Strong capabilities to recruit, teach and develop/mentor both Ph.D. and non-Ph.D. scientists
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Please send resumes to email@example.com.