Unity Biotechnology is a growing biopharmaceutical company located just South of San Francisco in Brisbane, California. We are developing medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging and conducting cutting edge research on cellular senescence and its implications in human health and longevity.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join the Senescence Biology Group which bridges basic and translational research to discover and move candidate therapeutics through the pipeline for different medicines and clinical indications. The successful candidate should be highly motivated and have experience with mammalian cell culture, cell-based models of disease, and running/developing screening assays.
The successful candidate will be a strong member of a small team with both individual and group responsibilities. Duties will be primarily lab based evaluating compounds’ efficacy in cell based assays and in vitro models of disease. Duties will include experimental design and execution, including data analysis and communication (both written and verbal) to the Senescence Biology and greater Discovery groups of the company. Meticulous record keeping is a must, and the individual should master their tasks and understand how their data fit into the larger goals and development of clinical candidates. We are looking for the intelligent, friendly, hard-working individual who can contribute to and grow with the programs and company.
- Master’s degree in relevant field or bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years scientific or biopharmaceutical industry experience.
- Degree in cellular biology or related field (molecular or chemical biology; biochemistry; biophysics; genetics etc.)
- Direct experience with mammalian tissue culture and cell based assays with a preference for work conducted with primary cells.
- Experience with use and evaluation of small molecules and/or shRNA in cell culture
- Critical thinking, communication, and problem solving skills
- Good work ethic and willingness to work in a group to support and achieve technical and corporate milestones
- Experience with most of the following techniques: SDS-PAGE, western blotting, PCR, qPCR, shRNA, fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with liquid handling devices and laboratory automation is highly desired, but not required
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com