We are seeking to hire a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate in molecular and cellular biology. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to create clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate that into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The successful candidate should be highly innovative and creative and have expertise in in vitro pharmacology characterizing disease-specific tissues, conducting in vitro models of disease, and/or developing and running screening assays. The successful candidate will be both a strong individual contributor and a team player with responsibilities that are primarily lab-based. The Research Associate in this role will evaluate the efficacy of compounds in in vitro assays using cells and tissue explants. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings to the Discovery team. The candidate will have an important role in the generation of key datasets that are critical for the declaration of development candidates.
- Master’s degree with 2 years of scientific experience or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Degree in molecular and cellular biology or a related field is desirable
- Direct experience with conducting mammalian cell and tissue based assays
- Experience evaluating small molecules, shRNA, antibodies and their effect on cancer cells is desirable
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, PCR, cloning, sequence analysis, quantitative PCR, SDS-PAGE, western blotting, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, liquid handler is desirable
- Experience working on cellular senescence and primary cells is desirable
- Creativity and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistics is important
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.