We are seeking to hire a Scientist, in vivo pharmacology. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to create clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate that into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The successful candidate should be a highly innovative and creative scientist who has expertise in running and developing animal models in order to develop novel small molecules designed to selectively eliminate senescent cells in diseases associated with aging.
The successful candidate will be both a strong individual contributor and a team player with responsibilities that are primarily lab-based. The scientist in this role will evaluate the therapeutic and safety properties of drug candidates in rodent models. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings to the Discovery team. The candidate will have an important role in the generation of key datasets that are critical for the declaration of development candidates.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree with 4 years of scientific experience or Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Degree in Pharmacology, Physiology, or a related field is essential
- Good physiology knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (e.g., post-doctoral training) and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations
- Diverse experience with animal models of fibrosis along with other animal models (e.g., surgical)
- Direct experience with conducting physiological measurements in animal models (lung, liver, eye, and/or kidney) is preferable
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment
- Experience and strong capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team to in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistics is important
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.