Unity Biotechnology is a development-stage integrated biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and are seeking to hire an Associate-/Scientist, Genomics for a position in our Discovery Technologies group. This group plays a critical functional role in programs to discover and develop innovative drugs for an emerging and exciting biology. The successful candidate will be an experienced molecular/cellular scientist with a track record of applying computational biology and genomics concepts to tackle concepts related to human diseases associated with aging and early stages of the drug discovery process. Candidates who are enthusiastic team players are encouraged to apply.
- Lead work on integrating molecular biology, NGS, genomics and bioinformatics to develop transformative technology applications for cell biology and pharmacology.
- Help develop a better understanding of the biology of diseases and aging by generating and analyzing data from multiple high-throughput platforms (including transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, single-cell).
- Conduct and validate findings derived from various bulk and single cell ‘omics platforms to characterize cellular senescence in vitro and in vivo.
- Be a creative problem solver and has demonstrated success in a cross-functional role involving molecular biology and computational biology and thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work as a strong team player with the ability to partner effectively with internal teams, and external collaborators.