Director Information Technology Position Summary
The Director, Information Technology, position will lead all strategic and operational aspects of Unity’s Information Technology function, building an industry-compliant IT organization accountable for all IT-related security, services, products, processes, and procedures.
- Lead development of strategy around IT system support and infrastructure, including development of necessary policies and processes
- Oversee day-to-day support of existing infrastructure and Managed Service Providers to ensure productivity of Unity’s staff
- Provide leadership for all major IT projects in accordance with goals, timelines, and costs that are in compliance with company methodologies
- Lead the IT budgeting and planning process, developing sound business cases and analyzing key business initiatives and informational needs that support, improve, and/or transform business operations, processes, and strategy
- Partner with internal function leads to provide consulting, solutions options, and recommendations around technology, standards, strategies, and governance
- Partner across business areas to implement and operationalize controls necessary for security, GxP, SOX, and development of internal policies and procedures. Identify system requirements and translate those into functional implementations of services, projects, enhancements, and support
- Collaborate and negotiate with external partners to support system operations / development / integration, ensuring reliability, competence, flexibility, and cost effectiveness
- Develop a culture which fosters and supports a high-performance and innovative organization
- Ensure the continuous improvement and management of existing systems and operations with focus on compliance to internal process and applicable industry norms and regulations
- Conduct regular design review of systems and services to ensure adherence with identified stability, performance, and security standards
- Responsible for developing and managing strategic vendor and supplier relationships
- When supervising internal staff, vendors, or contractors, provide managerial support with overall responsibility of leading, training, and mentoring for effective performance.
- Transform the complex and idiosyncratic (and, for muggles, often frustrating) practices of proper IT management into useable, comprehensible, and efficient systems that everyone at the company, however technology-challenged, can use and appreciate without wanting to throw their laptop into a mulcher