HEAD OF FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
- Plan and coordinate the annual budget process, long-term forecast, periodic re-forecasts and on-going projections.
- Provide regular reporting and variance analyses to R&D function and cost center managers to enable decision making and alignment to company objectives.
- Provide budget versus actual analyses to alliance partners with whom we have collaborative cost-sharing arrangements.
- Work closely with clinical operations in order to develop budgeting and long-term forecasting related to clinical trials and related expenditures and collaborative arrangements with alliance partners.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial reports, presenting operating results and budget variations for Executive Management.
- Forecast and manage cash flow and assist in managing cash investments to maintain appropriate liquidity for the company.
- Provide financial analysis and presentations for Audit Committee, Board of Directors, press releases, alliance partners, and investor packages.
- This is a hands-on management position.
- Identify and implement process development and improvements relating to budgeting, forecasting, period close process, ERP implementation, and financial reporting.
- Participate in other ad hoc projects, roles, and workload sharing between Finance , Investor Relations and Accounting as appropriate.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively interact with others at all levels– within and outside of finance.
- Ability to tailor communication to the audience to achieve desire results.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, CPA/MBA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting, financial reporting/analysis or related field preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with building financial models for clinical trials a strong plus.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, with experience building models.
- Experience utilizing enterprise-grade, commercial ERP systems and reporting software; Netsuite and Adaptive experience a plus.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret information for completeness and accuracy; excellent attention to detail; excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with FP&A Planning systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
Please send resume and cover letter