Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a motivated and diligent Lab Manager/Research Associate that will work seamlessly with the other members of the Discovery organization to further research objectives. The diverse responsibilities for this role include helping to generate decision-driving data for project teams and coordinating lab organization and laboratory support services to maximize the technical staffs’ productivity.
The ideal candidate has experience in lab management and is a teamplayer who synergizes with other researchers. Other responsibilities include managing service contracts, maintenance schedules as well as managing compound inventory. In addition, the individual in this role is expected to contribute through the execution of key experiments to support Unity’s drug discovery pipeline, such as biochemical potency assays and cell-based assays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with routine laboratory experimental work on an as-needed basis
- Oversee and lead the day to day operation of the labs, ensuring operational efficiency, organization and safety of the employees
- Ensure compliance with laboratory facilities standard operating procedures and best practices (including training of scientific staff)
- Interface with consultants and other internal staff to implement safety requirements
- Coordinate repair, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment as well as evaluation and tutorials of new equipment