Unity Biotechnology is a biopharmaceutical company based in the San Francisco bay area that is discovering and developing novel medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging. Our mission is to extend human healthspan: the period in one’s life unburdened by the disease of aging.
Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a Lab Manager. The Lab Manager is responsible for lab organization and laboratory support services to maximize the technical staffs’ productivity. A qualified candidate is energetic, extremely organized, and takes a proactive stance towards solving problems. This position requires adaptability and an ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and lead the day to day operation of the labs, ensuring operational efficiency, organization and safety of the employees
- Ensure compliance with laboratory facilities standard operating procedures and best practices
- Interface with consultants and other internal staff to implement safety requirements, organize and maintain EH&S protocols, records, reports and compliance, prepare for inspections, ensure that employees receive proper safety training and maintain training records.
- Safely handle chemical and biological waste management, including ordering waste pickups, maintaining waste logs, and filing necessary paperwork
- Coordinate repair, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of research lab glassware, materials, stock solutions, and laboratory equipment.
- Purchasing stock supplies, reagents, and miscellaneous items for the lab
- Coordinates daily consumable supply stocking and ordering.