Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a motivated and diligent Research Associate 1 / 2. The ideal candidate is an openminded and curious team player, who enjoys problemsolving and collaborating with other team members to further the research objectives of the Discovery organization
This is a lab-based position focused on performing a variety of in vitro assays including, cell-based assays, biochemical assays, and MSD-based ELISA assays, and other molecular biology techniques. The candidate will be responsible for experimental design, execution, analysis, and presentation to the project team. This individual will play a key role in supporting a advancement of large molecule candidate through in vitro studies.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assay development and quality control of cell-based assays for advancement of large molecules.
- Culture and maintenance of primary human cells and cancer cell lines
- Data generation using SDS-PAGE immunoblotting, ELISA, MSD and reporter-based assays.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Careful and critical data analysis, statistical analysis, with rigorous data documentation with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Graphpad Prism, and electronic lab notebook (Dotmatics).
- Work closely and collaboratively within a team of four individuals within our >25 person research department.
Additional qualifications preferred but not necessary:
- Top candidate will have established knowledge on ELISA assay development, primary mammalian cell based assays.
- Liquid handling machinery (TECAN, Hamilton, etc.) or laboratory automation experience
- Onsite full time, lab based
- Exposure to laboratory chemicals
- Occasional weekend work
- Physical effort: up to 20 pounds
- No travel requirements
- UNITY coveres all COVID-19 testing requirements and basic PPE
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
In vitro pharmacology and pipeline discovery, Western blot, SDS-PAGE, ELISA, MSD assays, electroporation, primary mammalian cell culture, qPCR, biochemical cell-based assays, liquid handling, high throughput screening, Excel formulas, in vivo experience, immunofluorescence, primer design, RNA extraction, CRISPR, microscopy, cell plate readers, electrophoresis, GraphPad Prism, PowerPoint, Word, Excel