This lab-based position will be focused on developing and utilizing robust cell-based models to enable the exploration of novel biological pathways and the advancement of our Ocular programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for experimental design, execution and analysis, as well as presentations in project team and departmental meetings. In collaboration with other Discovery team members, this individual will play a key role in supporting the advancement of therapeutic candidates (small molecules, biologics or nucleic acids) through the generation of decision-driving data using rigorous and well controlled studies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct experience in developing in vitro assays (both cellular and biochemical) to interrogate molecular target engagement and downstream physiological endpoints.
- Transfection with lipid-based methods and electroporation to screen oligonucleotides in primary cells.
- Culture and maintenance of cell lines (including primary cells)
- Data generation using Western Blot, ELISAs, qPCR, immunofluorescence, live cell imaging (Incucyte), etc.
- Careful and critical data analysis, statistical analysis, with rigorous data documentation with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Graphpad Prism, and electronic lab notebook (Dotmatics).
- Work closely and collaboratively with a small team of individuals within a larger 31-person research department.