The department of Cellular Biology at Unity Biotechnology is seeking to hire a Research Associate II / Senior Research Associate to perform lab-based studies aimed at characterizing senescence, senescence associated secretory phenotype, and disease-relevant traits or markers. This work will enable the development of novel assays to measure senescence and the therapeutic clearance of senescent cells in pre-clinical models. We are seeking a highly innovative and creative biologist who has hands on experience with cell culture, as well as protein, cell-based, and molecular biology assays.
The successful candidate will be both a strong lab-based individual contributor and a team player who synergizes with other scientists. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and presentation (verbal/written) of findings to the Discovery team. The candidate will contribute to key discovery studies which will have a direct impact on the success of our therapeutic programs.
• Minimum of: Bachelor or Master’s degree with 2-5 years of scientific experience
• Industry experience preferred; RA level will be determined based on experience
• Degree with experience in cell biology, molecular biology or related field
• Experience performing in vitro culture, ideally some experience with primary cell strains, 3d culture systems a plus
• Expertise in one or more of the following areas: survival/cell death assays, ELISA, luminex assays, ICC, qPCR, western, imaging
• Experience performing independent data analysis, experience with Graphpad Prism, or similar software
• Creativity and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones
• Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills