We are seeking to hire a Scientist to join the Translational Medicine team at UNITY. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and engaging group of scientists searching for novel senolytic molecules to treat various age-related diseases. As part of the UNITY Translational Medicine team, you will discover and develop biomarker assays for an emerging and exciting biology and translate our science into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be an innovative and creative scientist with broad experience developing biomarker assays and a proven track record of leading biomarker activities in support of clinical development.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, team leader, and integral part of our Translational Medicine efforts with responsibilities both laboratory and office-based. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis, and interpretation of data, and regular presentation (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Translational Medicine team meetings.
• Ph.D. with >5 years or B.S./M.S. with >10 years of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
• In depth expertise in biomarker assay development across multiple platforms required
• Experience with immunohistochemistry, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, sequencing, and other biomarker assay platforms
• Experience with biomarker assay technology transfer to CROs
• Degree in Biology, Physiology, Chemistry, or a related field essential
• Evidence of independent scientific ability and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
• Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
• Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/statistics capabilities
• Ability to work with a high degree of initiative and independence while exercising appropriate judgement when direction is required