Unity Biotechnology is a development-stage integrated biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing medicines to treat chronic diseases associated with aging. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and are seeking to hire a Scientist, Research Informatics for a position in our Discovery Technologies group. This group plays a critical functional role supporting programs to discover and develop innovative drugs for an emerging and exciting biology. The successful candidate will be an experienced drug discovery scientist with a track record of applying informatics solutions to all stages of the drug discovery process. Candidates who are enthusiastic team players are encouraged to apply.
• Support new initiatives, screening programs, experiments, inventory management and assay development in Chemistry, Cell Biology, Pharmacology and DMPK in the areas of data capture, analysis and reporting
• Collaborate with scientists and project teams across Discovery to implement data analytics and visualizations (using internal tool development as well as commercially available software) that impact project team decision-making
• Identify critical needs and propose potential analytics approaches for solutions including creating prototypes and demonstrations to access and utilize data assets
• Help create new assay protocols and custom entities in the Dotmatics platform and build/configure database upload and query tools for our bench science community
• Assist with maintenance, organization and distribution of small molecule compounds
• Develop and implement strategic data management practices (e.g. workflows for ELN, LIMS, etc.)
• Provide training and ongoing support to scientists for scientific data management systems and data analysis tools