Unity Biotechnology, Inc (UNITY) is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to extend healthspan by slowing, halting or reversing diseases of aging. We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and are seeking to hire a highly motivated senior associate / manager of Development Finance to support our Clinical Development teams. The successful candidate will have strong finance skills with experience in early clinical trial start-up activities.
- Partner with the Development organization to develop and maintain all aspects of financial planning and month end reporting for Clinical Development
- Acts as key point person for invoices, payments and financial reconciliations for clinical trials, applying an in-depth knowledge of Unity’s development programs and protocols
- Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts. May have contact with external customers in regards to payment issues.
- Work in close collaboration with Development, Finance and Project Management to build financial models for clinical development programs, including analysis of key cost model drivers and scenario planning
- Prepares month-end cost accruals based on operational data, invoice and reconciliation tracking
- Collaborates with the Accounting organization to accurately record month-end entries in support of the preparation of regulatory & securities filings (e.g., 10-K, 10-Q and Proxy)
- Champion process improvement initiatives within financial planning and reporting processes related to Clinical Development