We are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist for our Immunohistochemistry and Analytical Histology group. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to help discover and develop innovative drugs to modulate an emerging and exciting biological concept in diseases of aging and to translate our science into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be highly innovative and creative with relevant industry experience including basic histology, various staining and histochemical approaches, imaging, quantitative analysis, and reporting. Experience/expertise in the ophthalmology or neurobiology research field is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor and leader. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, regular presentations (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Discovery team meetings. Depending on management experience the candidate could be responsible for overseeing activity of and mentoring junior staff. Title/compensation will be based on experience.
- Experimental design, execution, analysis and interpretation of histology experiments.
- Perform histological stains, IHC / IF, or ISH on mouse and human tissue utilizing both manual and automated platforms.
- Slide imaging and fluorescence microscopy.
- Image quantification and analysis.
- Experimental write up and communication.
- Manage companywide project requests and provide cross-functional communication for histology-related projects.
- Develop and implement new assays, functionality and technology for project needs.
- Oversee sample/data organization logistics and assay/data QC.
Work hands-on in the lab to contribute to project execution and lab maintenance.