We are seeking to hire a Vivarium –Research Associate to join the in vivo pharmacology team at Unity. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to play a role in the discovery of clinical candidates for an emerging and exciting biology. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, hard-working, and innovative with a diverse technical skill set in the field of in vivo research. At Unity, this experience will be applied towards the successful discovery of novel small molecules for the selective elimination of senescent cells in diseases associated with aging.
The successful candidate will be both a strong individual contributor and a team player with responsibilities that are primarily lab-based.
- Perform and effectively document animal care and husbandry (including cage changing, daily water bottle and cage checks)
- Ensure quality and health of research animals; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals for research
- Observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment of the vivarium
- Order and maintain vivarium husbandry supplies
- Maintain accurate records related to animal breeding, genotyping, and colony management
- Assist with dosing, tissue sample collection, and related study work as needed
- Ability to effectively follow verbal and written instructions and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication