We are seeking an Immunologist to build and lead our immunotherapy efforts within the UNITY Research Team. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and engaging group of scientists interrogating novel biology and searching for senolytic targets. As part of the Unity team, your discoveries in age-related biology have the opportunity to translate into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be a highly innovative, creative and self-driven scientist with broad immunotherapy (Oncology preferred) experience developing in vitro and in vivo models and a proven track record leading functional teams towards the successful identification of novel targets and clinical candidates.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, team leader, and integral part of our discovery efforts. Responsibilities will include drug design, developing cell-based assays, in vitro and in vivo pharmacology models and serving as immunotherapy lead on multiple therapeutic teams. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, CRO management, and regular presentation (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Discovery team meetings.
- Ph.D. with >5 years of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. In-depth expertise in immunotherapy in immunology/inflammation, or oncology is preferred.
- Experience with target identification platforms
- Experience in large molecule drug design and development. Understanding of PK/PD relationships in vivo
- Advanced Degree in Immunology is preferred.
- Good physiology knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas/organ systems.
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (g.,post-doctoral training) and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
- Experience with multi label flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, quantitative PCR, fluorescence microscopy and other pharmacodynamics endopoints.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Experience and strong capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/statistics capabilities.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com