We are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist to join the in vitro pharmacology team at Unity. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and engaging group of scientists searching for novel senolytic molecules. As part of the Unity team, you will discover and develop innovative drugs for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate our science into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be a highly innovative and creative scientist with broad experience developing cell-based assays and a proven track record leading functional teams towards the successful identification of clinical candidates.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, team leader, and integral part of our discovery efforts. Responsibilities will include developing in vitro cell- and tissue-based assays and serving as the in vitro lead on multiple therapeutic teams. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and regular presentation (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Discovery team meetings.
- Ph.D. with 6-8 yrs of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. In-depth expertise in immunology/inflammation, fibrotic diseases or oncology is preferred.
- Experience in small molecule drug development. Understanding of PK/PD relationships.
- Degree in Pharmacology, Cell Biology, Physiology, or a related field is essential.
- Direct experience across a range of therapeutic areas/organ systems.
- Direct experience in developing human tissue-based assays to interrogate molecular target engagement and downstream physiological endpoints is preferable.
- Experience with primary cell culture (including 3D models or tissue explants), antibody-based detection methods (g., ELISA, Luminex, flow cytometry), quantitative PCR, fluorescence microscopy and other pharmacodynamics endopoints.
- Design and execution of plate-based cellular assays utilizing automation/robotics
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (g.,post-doctoral training) and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
- Experience with preparation of final research documents and slides to support regulatory filings (g., IND) and partnering efforts.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Experience and strong capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/QC metrics/statistics capabilities.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org