We are seeking to hire a Senior Scientist to join the in vivo pharmacology team at Unity. This position will afford the successful individual an opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and engaging group of scientists searching for novel senolytic molecules. As part of the Unity team, you will discover and develop innovative drugs for an emerging and exciting biology and to translate our science into a pipeline of differentiated medicines. The ideal candidate should be a highly innovative and creative scientist with broad experience developing in vivo models and a proven track record leading functional teams towards the successful identification of clinical candidates.
The successful candidate will be a strong individual contributor, team leader, and integral part of our discovery efforts. Responsibilities will include developing in vivo models and serving as the in vivo lead on multiple therapeutic teams. The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, analysis and interpretation of data, and regular presentation (verbal/written) of results and interpretation at group, project team, and Discovery team meetings.
- Ph.D. with >5 years or B.S/M.S. with >10 yrs of scientific experience in the biopharmaceutical industry. In-depth expertise in immunology/inflammation, fibrotic diseases or oncology is preferred.
- Experience in small molecule drug development. Understanding of PK/PD relationships.
- Degree in Pharmacology, Biology, Physiology, or a related field is essential.
- Good physiology knowledge across a range of therapeutic areas/organ systems.
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (g.,post-doctoral training) and a track record of scientific accomplishments through publications, patents, and invited presentations.
- Direct experience with conducting physiological measurements in animal models (lung, liver, eye, and/or kidney) is preferable.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy and other pharmacodynamics endpoints.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly matrixed work environment.
- Experience and strong capabilities in managing, developing, and mentoring junior scientists and research associates.
- Creativity and the ability to lead and/or work within an interdisciplinary team in order to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
- Robust experimental design and troubleshooting skills, and excellent data analysis/mining/statistics capabilities.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com